-->
THE BEST BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

I love blueberry muffins, but I always pick out the chunky berries. Now, I can eat a muffin, which I love and have all that delicious blueberry flavor without chunky berries. (The recipe actually adds fresh blueberries in addition to the jam, but I left them out). 


These muffins have the perfect texture, not too cakey and not too heavy. The blueberry flavor is just right and the sugar topping adds just enough lemon flavor to know it's there, but not to overpower the blueberry flavor. 


These are best eaten on day one or two. I keep them in the muffin tin overnight and loosely cover them with a clean kitchen towel. I have tried storing them in a zip-top bag before, but the tops get sticky and I am not a fan of sticky top muffins.

INGREDIENTS

Topping:
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest

Muffins:
  • 2 c. fresh blueberries, picked over
  • 1 1/8 c. + 1 tsp. sugar
  • 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 Tbl. unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
  • 1/4 c. vegetable oil
  • 1 c. buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS

Get the full instruction @ www.eatcakefordinner.net 

LihatTutupKomentar