-->
BETTER THAN ANYTHING CHOCOLATE TRIFLE


Are you looking for a quick and yet amazing dessert to impress your friends? I have a dessert that I think you’ll love. I made this Better Than Anything Chocolate Trifle a while back for an auction, and it was a big hit. We all had reasonable portions, may have had seconds and then one guy grabbed his spoon to finish off the rest. I’m making it again for an auction this week.

I think many of you have probably had “Better Than Anything Chocolate Cake.” I am trying to keep things more family friendly, but you may have heard this cake called something else too. I had the idea to do a more classy approach to this dessert by making it into a trifle. You experience the same great ingredients but presented in a way a bit more visually appealing. Also, while the original cake recipe is super easy with a bunch of store bought options, I think making a homemade cake and whipping cream bring it up a notch even though it does require more effort. Enjoy!


Better Than Anything Chocolate Trifle



Ingredients
  • Chocolate Cake Made from Scratch Here’s my Favorite Recipe or from a Box Cake
  • Whipping Cream Here’s my Favorite Recipe – You can use frozen whipped topping, but I love the homemade version. (8 ounces needed)
  • One Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 3 Heath Bars
  • Caramel Sauce This is my favorite on the market and this is my favorite salted caramel recipe.
  • Trifle Bowl

Instructions
  • Bake a chocolate cake according to recipe or package instructions.
  • Remove from the oven. While warm, poke holes in the cake with a tooth pick and drizzle a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top.
  • Once cool, cut the cake into smaller squares or rectangles. As you can tell, perfectionism in cutting is not necessary.
  • Prepare your whipped cream.
  • Break your Heath Bars into smaller bits. I put it into a plastic bag and use a meat mallet.
  • Layer half of your chocolate cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Next pour a layer of caramel (about 3 oz) on top. Layer with half of the whipping cream. Sprinkle with half of the Heath Bars.
  • Repeat the layering process and serve.


Read more @meaningfulmama.com

LihatTutupKomentar