-->
Chocolate Mousse Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

I decided to make something like that myself. I start with a regular cheesecake base and let it sit atop simple Oreo cookie crust, the same crust I used so many times. It’s all went smoothly and then it was time to make frosting. I simply love, love, chocolate mousse, but I want it to be creamy, full of flavor and not just a simple chocolate whipped cream which people use to call chocolate mousse. Besides the cream and chocolate in my version it must have a few egg yolks ( in this case it’s three egg yolks,so I don’t have any leftover to throw away because I only use egg whites for the cheesecake). And to make this mousse extra special, I added some crushed Oreos in it.

It turned out better than I imagined. I used to finished my cheesecakes with a thick layer of chocolate ganache, but after making these Chocolate Mousse Mini Oreo Cheesecakes I found a perfect match – cheesecake and chocolate mousse.

Yield: 16 1x 

Chocolate Mousse Mini Oreo Cheesecakes – mini cheesecakes with thick Oreo cookie crust topped with light and creamy chocolate mousse.

INGREDIENTS

For the Oreo Crust:
  • 18 whole Oreos-crushed into a fine crumbs
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter- melted

For the cheesecake filling:
  • 16 oz cream cheese- softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour crème
  • 1 Tablespoon flour
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the chocolate mousse:
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 1 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 5 oz semisweet baking chocolate-finely chopped
  • 4–5 Oreos crushed
  • 2–3 Tablespoons milk (or more if needed)
  • 16–18 mini Oreo cookies for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

Get the full instruction @ omgchocolatedesserts.com 

LihatTutupKomentar